Sunday, September 11, 2011

Check your Sunday papers

We get a paper delivered to our home on Sunday. I always wake up and check the coupons. I then determine whether I should go buy more papers at the market or just forget it. Some weeks there are no inserts, so I'm not doing this every weekend.
When you purchase papers at the market, check your inserts before you leave the store. Many times I have found our city newspaper purchased at the market does not contain everything. Or some inserts are duplicated, other are missing. I bought 5 more papers today because there were four inserts, at least that's what came to our home. At the store I went through at least 10 papers to find the ones which contained all inserts. I got lucky a couple times and some things were duplicated. On two papers, two inserts were missing. It will only take you one time of buying extra papers and getting home to realize that you didn't get everything you thought you were getting.
Why? Well, the newspapers are only given a certain amount of inserts each week. The subscriptions are the first ones to get all the inserts. And then the store copies get the remainder of the inserts. Once certain inserts are gone, they're gone. These are inserted by a machine so easily a mistake can be made.
So double check those papers from the market. You might even get lucky and find a couple newspapers with extra inserts like I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment