Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Giant Eagle's Fuel Perks

I'm sure if you shop at Giant Eagle, you understand their fuelperks and foodperks. I'm going to explain it in case you haven't shop at Giant Eagle and you may be considering doing so. You use a reward card at Giant Eagle.

For every $50 you spend in the store, you receive a $.20 "fuelperk" credit. This amount just keeps adding up until you use it at the gas pumps. So today I went to the store, I spend just over $100, so I received $.40 cent off each gallon of gas. Now, I also purchased 6 Oscar Meyer products in this one transaction and received another $.20 off each gallon of gas. I am underlining the word each just so you're aware if you go to the pumps, scan your rewards card and it will show how much off you have per gallon. You can choose to use the amount off, or save it. Lots of times we'll save it and go back to fill up my SUV which can hold 25 gallons, and then we take gas cans to fill it up to 30 gallons because 30 gallons is the maximum you can get. I can't tell you how many times I have filled up my SUV, plus the gas cans for FREE. That can be over $80 in savings a time.

For every 10 gallons of gas you pump at Giant Eagle gas stations, you receive a 1% "foodperk" credit. So with 25 gallons of gas you would receive 2% foodperk, but that extra 5 gallons would stay as a per gallon amount on your rewards cards. So if you went another day and used 5 more gallons of gas, you will then earn 1% in foodperks. Now you can use your foodperks any time when you shop, but we feel its best when we're ready to do a huge run and buy lots of meat products and non-food essentials, paper products, detergent, personal care, etc. If we save enough percentages, we can use a maxium of 20% at one time on a maximum $300 order. Any extra will carry over. So we'll spend around $300 and receive $60 off with our foodperks.

According to our receipt, which is a running 12 month total, we have saved over $3,300 in rewards which includes:
fuelperks savings $1,310.82
foodperks savings 367.19
weekly specials 1,268.66
coupons 405.48

And I can honestly tell you half of that coupon savings has occurred just in these last few weeks when I really started watching weekly specials and somewhat extreme couponing.

No comments:

Post a Comment