Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kroger Deals & Disappointments

So normally I don't shop at Kroger. Giant Eagle FuelPerks and FoodPerk are just too good to pass up. But I went today, mainly because of a few great deals. But I also learned a lesson.
Deals:
Pineapples 10/$10, these are normally $2.99, my kids love them.
Quilted Northern bath tissue 12 double rolls $5.99, with two e-coupons at $2.00 off each. I had to do these in two separate transactions because customer service said it wouldn't work as one transaction. So toilet paper was $3.99 each.
Dial Soap - 2 packs 10/$10
Gatorade is 10/$10 plus 5 free.
Take 5 gum: BOGO
They had pork chops and roasts at BOGO.
Disappointment:
Gillette Mens Body Wash $3.49 on sale for $2.49 and a $2 e-coupon. I also had a manu. coupon for $2 thinking I would get an overage. Well, evidently Kroger does not allow stacking of coupons. But still $.49 for body wash was a great price, so I kept it.
I learned it pays to check coupon policy. I noticed Kroger's e-coupons are more than Giant Eagle and I was able to load two same type coupons on my card at one time, but like noted above, I had to do two separate transaction. That, coupled with the fact they don't stack, I don't like. I'll keep my shopping at Giant Eagle unless there are rock bottoms deals at Kroger.

No comments:

Post a Comment